Symphion Hysteroscope Directions for Use
This manual provides the information you need to operate and maintain the Symphion® 6.3 Hysteroscope. It is essentialthat you read and understand all the information in this manual before using or maintaining this device.
1. Device description
The Symphion 6.3 Hysteroscope is a reusable instrument for usein visualizing the body cavity during diagnostic and surgical hysteroscopic procedures.
The Symphion 6.3 Hysteroscope is for use with the Symphion® System.
2. Intended use/Indications for use
The Symphion 6.3 Hysteroscope is intended to provide thephysician with a means for endoscopic diagnostic and therapeutic surgical procedures. It is indicated for use in diagnostic examination and surgical hysteroscopic procedures.
- Acute pelvic inflammatory disease
- Inability to distend the uterus
- Cervical stenosis
- Cervical/vaginal/Pelvic infection
- Uterine bleeding or menses
- Known pregnancy
- Invasive carcinoma of the cervix/endometrial cancer
- Recent uterine perforation
- Medical contraindication or intolerance to anesthesia